Dear friends, I'm attempting to write this post with the knowledge that it might be a many day project. But I've decided to have no more of those skimpy one-liners that I've been indulging in. These post are brought to you by Falcon, the T-rusty laptop, and my camera, who has no name. Please, let me know if I'm putting too many pictures up, I don't want to be a hard page to load.
Now, on to the featured presentation.
Bicycling in Kyoto is one of those pure joys that reminds us of God's original intention for Earth. It ma
y be humid when you're sitting still, or even when you're merely walking along, but sitting on the seat of the bicycle, weaving in and out of sidewalk traffic, the wind plays a song for your body and soul.
Here we are, the four of us, the leader in the front with the rest trailing behind in a line. Ducks on a pond, almost, passing all kinds of interesting things upon the shore. All around us the people of Kyoto go to and fro. The baby faced intern, in his suit and tie, whizzes past us, his briefcase resting in his basket like a shiny loaf of bread. Mothers, their kids balanced alarmingly in bright red seats, ride serenely by. From the young school girls, in their grey, pleated, knee length skirts, to the iron haired salary man, Kyoto's sidewalks are filled with the miracle of two wheeled flight. Sailing down the side walk, gracefully executing turns, waiting for the electronic chirping that accompanies the blue light of crosswalk freedom, we are the Unconquerable.
looking forward to your next blog
ReplyDelete