Monday, April 7, 2008

Inattentive


Last week was so full of good, challenging, solid thought that every impulse of my mind was towards sharing it with you. I finished The Wind is Howling, read excerpts from Nietzsche and Marx, and flipped around in C.S. Lewis' Surprised by Joy. But, as you are all well aware, there was no fruition to all this industry. And what ever profit we can hope was attained from such employment can now find no proof and share no gain. 

Other unrealized plans have fallen victim to this peculiar idleness. Mainly the entire absence of stamps from my office. How can I mail out pictures for my visa, or my stack of prayer letters, without postage? A journey to Wal-mart on Thursday resulted in unexpected photos, but none of the small sticky squares I was after. A similar experience on Saturday, only this time a the post office, meet another dismal end. Who could have foreseen that such a necessary establishment would close on a weekday? At any rate, I should be able to mail out my Visa photos on Monday, and I shall probably attempt another search for those evasive stamps as well. Until then, to pacify my poor conscious, I am uploading a pdf of my prayer letter (which will require you to click on it in order to see it proper). 

As a parting note, and in way of explanation, I have been listening to Mansfield Park all day, and I fear that it has rather colored my speech. But I have no worry on the account, it is sure to pass in nine or ten chapters. 

No comments:

Post a Comment