Some days are just bursting. Some days are just bursting with God's splendor. Overflowing with glory; exploding with wonder; oozing with promise. Somedays you know that you have "never been unloved." These are Romans 5:8 days at their best. They make you want to... to... to break out, or something.
Friday I got a package from Japan. A sweet little packet of goodies for my trip. You can be sure I spent all of yesterday reading One Rock at a Time.
Every book I've read about Japan is like a another piece of a 3-D puzzle. With every piece from a different point of view. The first book I read, The Wind is Howling, was from the perspective of a Japanese lady who, for a large portion of her life, was unsaved. One Rock at a Time is a completely opposite situation. Mr. Oxley, the human focus of the story, was an american who became a dedicated christian at age twelve. His whole life was devoted to showing others the incredible truth of God. Ayako-San spent most of her time searching for God. How strange and beautiful; God's story reaches every situation, every possibility. God is nothing if not diverse, and yet He is always the same. The story of His love never changes.
Can you tell I'm feeling a little wordy? If I had a shrink I could spare you my ramblings. Of course, I could always try practicing restraint. That will be easy, as I update you on my to do list. I need to:
- Research airplane tickets. Which requires me to:
- Figure out when I'm coming home
love it!! you are never to wordy.i will truly keep in touch with you.and even share my time with God.you will have a great time.
ReplyDelete